Labrador Retriever / Australian Shepherd (medium coat) : : Male (neutered) : : Young : : Medium
I would love you more than you can imagine.
|Login to Remember your Favorite Animals and Breeds!|
Print an adoption flyer for Dimitry *FH* the Loving and Smart Pup!
About Dimitry *FH* the Loving and Smart Pup
3/24 foster update: Dimitry needs another large, youngish dog to play with. He has lots of energy and loves running and rough-housing with other dogs. Dimitry's furever home should:
- have another dog and a fenced back yard at home. He LOVES doing zoomies! He also loves stalking squirrels, lizards and June bugs! He is absolutely fascinated by squirrels and June bugs flying around.
- be home majority of the time and willing to work with Dimitry on his separation anxiety so he can gradually stay alone more of the time ***note*** he is spending longer periods of time in his crate quietly
- like to be outside and spend time playing and exercising with Dimitry
- be willing to puppy-proof and supervise / re-direct as Dimitry learns appropriate behaviors ** much improvement in this area as he learns and is easily re-directed. can dig or chew if bored or not supervised**
- supply squeaky toys and tennis balls :-)
3/16 Foster update: Dimitry will be a wonderful companion. He is so loving and friendly. We do think he needs at least one other dog in the household. Since being in our home, with several other fosters of all sizes, he has gained confidence and settled as a member of the pack.
When he first arrived, he would get anxious if we were even out of his sight. He is doing better now, but he will need time to build up to being alone. He sleeps on a dog bed in the bedroom with his foster.
He loves squeaky toys and is quite fun to watch with them. Kongs and Nylabones are also favorites. He also enjoys chasing tennis balls and rope toys and will bring them back to you (well, nearby, haha). He loves being outside and is very interested in squirrels. He responds well to commands such as sit, come (most of the time), no, etc. He only needs a light sound to stop doing an undesirable behavior and is a very quick learner. We have been working on crate training and he now will eat in a crate and lay quietly in it for longer and longer periods of time.
He is a "velcro" boy and loves to be with you or know where you are. Dimitry is sooo sweet, and he is also very sensitive to our body language and emotions.
Dimitry was found at a truck stop in Louisana. The kind man who found him, brought him back to Sanford and took him to the vet for a rabies shot and fecal test. Here at PRBJ, Dimitry was neutered and was given the rest of his puppy vaccinations and worming medication.
This pup is beautiful~ He does well with cats and walks on the leash with some hesitation. He has also been around a moving wheelchair and was fine. This beautiful pup deserves a loving home!